Sunday, April 18, 2010

Little T gets an Auntie!

Up until this Friday, Little T was missing something big in his or her life.  Little T was officially Aunt-less. Oh there were Uncles a plenty, but not an official Aunt in the bunch.  But on April 16, 2010,  Little T's Uncle Andy made us all very happy!  We couldn't be prouder to add Amanda to the Talicska tribe.
The wedding took place in Toledo, Ohio and was truly spectacular.  Amanda made me proud with all of her DIY.  There was not a single element of the whole day that didn't have her crafty touch.  Not only do I finally have a sister--- but I have one that is more than worthy of her share of the DIY crown.  Maybe in Ohio the last name "Talicska" is the equivalent of "Martha Stewart Protege"?  I wish I had taken pictures to share with you--- but given my poor photography skills I think that was a task best left for the wedding photographers.
When we found out that we were pregnant, both Matt and I were already part of the wedding party.  I was a little nervous about how I would be feeling since I knew that lots of people are miserable by 32 weeks.  On the big day we were just shy of 33 weeks and I think that I felt just about as good as a house sized woman could feel.  
I was able to squish the bump into a non-maternity dress without alterations.  Yes, it was two whole sizes bigger than anything I would normally wear, but it was a small victory nonetheless.  In fact, I can't understand who on earth would want to wear this dress that wasn't pregnant.  I am convinced it would take a skinny person and make them into a gigantic movie screen sized monstrosity.  Speaking of movie screen sized monstrosities... I felt like I looked good for most of the night until one of Matt's cousins told me that I had cankles.  Yeah, my recommendation is to never tell a pregnant woman that already is super self conscious about her size that she has lost her ankles.  Especially if it isn't true.  I may have packed on my share of baby weight (oops), but I will happily announce to all that as of 33 weeks I have the exact same ankles that I have always have.  
One thing that made me very happy was that my parents were invited to the wedding as well.  In addition to always being a good time, I was glad that they were close by.  Now knowing how I would feel, and being over two hours from home made me a nervous nelly.  What would happen if doing the Cha-Cha Slide might accidently put me into labor?  Luckily it didn't... although I sure paid for all that dancing the next day!  I felt like Little T had karate kicked me in the ribs.
I was definitely not the only soon-to-be-mommy in the crowd.  I think that the only one that danced more than me was our cousin Marissa.  She is just a few weeks behind us and is looking fantastic.  The sex of her baby is a surprise as well, so we have been having fun trying to make guesses.  If it were up to Matt's grandma we would both be having girls and both on June 15th.  I think it will be fun for Little T to have a relative so close in age!
It was such a fun weekend, but an exhausting one as well.  Little T and me have had some much deserved rest and relaxation.  Next in our schedule... get the nursery finished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment