Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At home with the Tals

We have been home since Friday afternoon and every minute has been a new experience for us.

I thought that it would be a breeze to keep up with the blog since we have so many funny stories to share, but alas, I can't pull myself away from this kid--- he is too darn cute to be ignored.

So instead of a full blown post, here is a little tid bit from our hospital stay for you to chew on until I can regain my blogging ambition.

Poop-gate 2010: The first night at the hospital Matthew was deputy of diaper duty. He eagerly attended to all of Charles changing needs while this tired mama watched adoringly. Earlier in the evening while doing one change (in front of various family members no less) Charlie treated his papa to his first official "shart". The shart came midway through a diaper change so it was shocking, loud and hilarious. Shortly after, while we were alone in the room Charlie had filled yet another diaper. This time as Matthew was attending to the change, Charlie decided to top that puppy off. As the open diaper became more and more full, Matthew let out a stressed cry of "Why won't you stop CRAPPING!" followed by "It's like a frozen yogurt machine!" At this very moment, the night nurse came in to the room to do our vital checks.  I was laughing so much that I was actually crying. I am sure that nurse thought that we were nuts.

And, because I can't post without adding a picture of this beautiful boy, here is another little entertaining photo nugget from today.
Here we have Charlie modeling some of his collegiate gear.  Cute, no? But wait a minute. Charles... what are you doing with your right hand?
But the real question is... which team is this little birdie directed towards???

Ahhh... who cares what team you want to root for. I mean geez, look at this cutie!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

He is SO perfect. I love his little face. And I was dying laughing reading that story. HILARIOUS.

Katy said...

Oh, I hope you manage to pull yourself away to tell more stories. Too funny!!!

Kat said...

omg HILARIOUS! And he is SOOO CUTE!

Melanie said...

I love baby stories!

Post a Comment